Monday, February 20, 2012

Feb. 17-20th The Banqueting House

Friday:  Forgot my camera on the table in my room.  I might have to repeat the whole day so that I have pictures.  I took a five hour walk through Green Park and Hyde Park.  Since it was such a nice day I decided to keep walking and ended up walking all the way back to our flat.  While at Hyde Park I say the Serpentine, a man made lake, lots of friendly dogs, and Princess Diana's Memorial.  On my way back to the flat I stopped in a store called TK Maxx, this was a lot like TJ Maxx in the US except that they also have designer clothes like Gucci and Prada.

Saturday: Bad weekend for pictures, sorry.  I went to dinner at this great italian restaurant.  There were three of us there and we each ordered our own pizza which is 25cm.  When the pizzas come out they were connected in a long row and so we had one 75cm (30in) pizza that filled the length of our table.  That night we were going to go sing karaoke, but when we got there it had closed five minutes earlier.

Sunday:  Our midterm papers are due on Tuesday so I spent the day doing research and writing.  My paper is on how London's history has effected the history's and architecture of St. Paul's Cathedral and Westminster Abbey and how they differ.
Exciting news! I planned a trip to St. Andrews, Scotland in two weeks.  I will be taking a bus there for three days two nights.  While there I will be renting golf clubs and playing at St. Andrew's Old Course and the Castle Course.  I will also be visiting the golf museum.

Monday: A Tour of the Banqueting House, started in 1619, and still used for events today.

 Paintings done by Peter Paul Rubens and Installed into the entire ceiling of the Banqueting House





No comments:

Post a Comment