Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day Three: My First Time Getting Lost and The Pitmen Painters

My day started with class at 11am. After that I decided to go have another kabob since they were relatively cheap and quick.  Next, I sent out my first batch of postcards to be sent home.  For the rest of the afternoon I decided to go on a little adventure and see some of the city that I had not been to.  I took a walk toward an art shop that I had look at online, then continued to the bookstore to find a few things for class.  After that I tried to make a circle and continue to the Brompton Cemetery (one of seven of the largest and oldest cemeteries in London).  That was unsuccessful however when I accidentally passed the cemeteries back entrance and continued down the road and extra two miles.  When I reached the Thames River I knew I had gone to far.  Lucky for me, London is an impossible city to ever really get lost in because there is a tube station every half a mile.  So, I hopped on the tube and was back to my flat in under ten minutes.

Beautiful church that I passed on my walk.


When I was lost I happened to come across another cemetery that encircled this old church.

I thought that the word sacred at the top of this tombstone was in a pretty scroll and so I did an etching from it.

My ride back.
 Later that night our whole class took the tube to an area full of theatres.  We went and say The Pitmen Painters, about a group of mining pitmen who try and take a class to find out the meaning of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment