Sunday, February 5, 2012

First Weekend In London

Friday: The Brompton Cemetery
The Brompton Cemetery is one of the magnificent seven.  These and the seven oldest and largest cemeteries in central London.  The Brompton is only two blocks from my flat and is a great place to run or walk.





Saturday: The Portobello Market
One of my new favorite places, the Portobello Market has everything you could ever want.  The produce is fresh and cheap, they have hand made breads and cheeses, along with many antique and clothing shops. I could easily spend the entire day there.  Saturday was very cold and so we stayed for two hours and then the shops started closing up early.  I am sure I will be back a few more times before I leave.





 Sunday: Mass at St. Paul's Cathedral 
To my surprise there were only 100-200 people at mass this morning despite the huge amount of room.  The choir and organist were amazing with some of the songs sung in latin.  We were not aloud to take pictures of the inside but there is a great tour at this link.  http://www.sphericalimages.com/stpauls/virtual_tour.htm 



St. Paul's Cathedral was so big that I had to split the front in three when taking a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment